- Mårten Ekström in memorian
- First ever IBEP bowhunting seminar on Iceland
- EBF joins FACE
- EBF anual meeting 2013
- Greenland legalizes hunting of Muskox with bow and arrow
- North American deer harvest tops 1.1 million, taken with bow and arrow
- New regulations in France
- New instructors within the iBEP system in Europe
- EBA becomes EBF
- SABA and EBF affiliation
- General assembly 2010
- BFA and DBJV at Die hohe Jagd und Fischerei
- Bowhunting seminar in Riga/Latvia
- International Conference and annual gathering
- ATA Visits Europe
- CIC General Assembly 2009
- Romanian Bowhunters Association founded 1 September 2008
- Instructor class IBEP
- Meeting with Yves Lecocq
- July 14th FACE meeting
Grand Old Man of bowhunting passes!
Honorary president of Finnish Bowhunting Association and the EBF Mårten Ekström has passed away at the age of 85.
Age and illnesses took a victory from him.Mårten Ekström established Merrysport Oy.
He was also instrumental in establishing the Finnish Bowhunting Association in the late 1970s. Mårten was well known within the international bowhunting and archery society.
Mårten was one of the establishing persons of the FECA (the original European Bowhunting organization) and the World Bowhunting Association as well as the more recent European Bowhunting Federation - EBF.
He was also deeply involved in the initial establishment of the bowhunter education(IBEP)in Europe. His peaceful, charismatic and diplomatic style made him a respected and loved person. Mårten had admirable language skills which made it easy for him to actively communicate most everywhere.
Thanks for everything Mårten!
The EBF Board